7 Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping
Tuesday, November 24th, 2015 Wedding IDEAS, INSPIRATION AND INSIDER TIPS
1. Budget: A lot of the time wedding dress shopping can become stressful due to budget dilemmas, That is why we suggest one of the first things you do is to set a firm budget for yourself on your dress. If someone else is buying your gown make sure you speak to them so you are both on the same page.
2. Research: Before you embark on the journey of bridal dress shopping make sure you take some time to do some research at home. If you aren't already knowledgable on the different silhouettes, fabrics, etc. you may want to get familiar! Many consultants will ask what you are looking for and the more specific the easier it is for them to give you what you want. This includes figuring our your personal style or a theme you want your dress to fit within.
3. Timing: The early you begin looking for your wedding dress the better! Especially if you want to travel to many different stores and know that you are not so great at deciding. Choosing a wedding dress is a big decision just like choosing who to marry so making sure you take your time to decide is important.
4. Appointments: Making an appointment when dress shopping is one of the best decisions you can make because you want to make sure you have a consultants full attention when shopping. Also, a better idea is to take a day off during the week to go shopping while the stores are much less crowded than a Saturday afternoon.
5. Wedding shoes: Finding your wedding shoes before you choose your dress is a great idea! You might be thinking how you will know if your shoes will go with the dress you choose or not. However, as long as you know what style you are looking for and the color of dress you are getting the shoes are easy. If you bring your shoes along with you knowing how the dress will look with the height of shoes on rather than imagining will be one hundred times better.
6. Be open minded: Remember when you go into a wedding dress store this is no longer your element. Stepping out of your comfort zone will make the experience much more enjoyable for you. It is important to keep in mind that your consultant is a professional so even if they ask you to try on a gown you thought you'd never like, just go for it! What is there to lose?
7. Trust yourself: We all have dreamed of the moment we try on a gown while all of our loved ones are crowded around falling in love as fast as we are. However, it is important to be secure with yourself and trust your instincts if you love a gown. No matter who you bring to your appointment with you, your opinion is number one. Don't let anyone else's opinon come before your own. You will be the one wearing it for 8 or more hours!
That may have sounded like a lot of information. Just take a deep breath and relax. You have already found the partner of your dreams, this is the easy part.
Visit our store locator here to find a retailer near you that can help you along your journey. Happy shopping! :)