Let Them Eat Cake! Wedding Cake Tips
August 14th, 2015 Wedding IDEAS, INSPIRATION AND INSIDER TIPS
When people think of a wedding, one of the first things to pop in their head is most likely: CAKE. This is because cake isn't just dessert, it counts as decor and one of the main focal points of your wedding. With that being said, your cake should not be a stressful decision. It should be fun and of course delicious!
Here are helpful steps on where to begin:
1. Decide on a bakery: Choose one of your favorite places and if you don't have one, don't be afraid to ask around! If you have a wedding planner be sure to ask them, because most likely they have worked with many different bakeries and can refer the most reliable and tasty ones!
2. Choose a flavor: This is one of the most fun parts of choosing your wedding cake! The best way to do this is set up a taste testing with you AND your partner. This part is important because you want to decide on a flavor together, so you will both enjoy the cake. A popular idea is to do alternating flavors for each tier so you can have variety. (Also helps if you can't choose between two flavors :) )
3. Size: Many people look past this step because they forget about all the many shapes and sizes you can order. Its important to think about how many people will eat cake, how large the pieces are that you will be serving, and if you want to save the top layer for your one year anniversary! (Put the smallest tier aside, freeze, and eat on your anniversary! YUM!)
4. Decor: This is one of the best parts and you should definately have fun with it! You can choose many routes for decor, simple, creative, unique or extravagant! Keep in mind that you do not have to have a white cake. Many people are choosing to have color incorporated or even personal touches like unique cake toppers. Some of our favorite cakes come from Carlo's Bakery from Cake Boss on TLC.
5. ENJOY! Everyone knows your wedding day can be hectic, but make sure you take the time to sit down, relax and literally have a piece of cake with your partner!
P.S. It's always great to have the classic "cake cutting" photos so make sure your photographer captures this priceless moment.